Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Green Ribbed Disaster

Well, I guess that's fate. Almost an hour after I posted a progress bar that said 80% for the 'Green Ribbed Hat'... it was time to bind off. I tried the stretchy bind off linked below — but it didn't work. Not only that, but the stitches started coming out on me when I tried to backtrack.

I guess I'll frog the 'saved' part and try again. It just needed to be a little longer. However, in size 4 dpns and k1p1 ribbing that takes a while. Someone at work said 'I hate pulling out stitches -- I hope you don't have to do that.' I don't want to, but I have to. I don't think I can catch them all back onto my dpns. Maybe I'll cheat and crochet the extra length on... or not.

Anyway - better news, my book 'The Good Life' by Helen Nearing came in the mail today! I looked through the bit about how to keep an almanac about your farm, and to do it every night with the finances. Since no Netflix came in the mail, I'm glad this did! There are also three more curtains to sew.

The girls were left home again today. I gave them some of my chicken when I had dinner tonight. I was worried they were going to freeze in the house all day, but it didn't get as cold as I thought. We left the heater on 50° this morning, but it was 64° when I came home. J is still on his trip. I worry about him when he is gone. He says he worries about me when he's gone too.

I gave the tiny kittens some extra kitten food out at the office. By the time they were done, the little orange guy had a ROUND tummy. I picked him up and it was like picking up a pool ball. (He PURRRRRRRED at me too!) I've already got two! I needed that reminder... ;o)

So... read the book, dissect the hat, or try the dishcloth? So many choices... but then, I have all night, and I am a knit-owl!

2 comments:

Liz M. said...

Keep on knitting is what I say. I've been knitting since 2000, and I always make sure that I'm working on something. Don't give up and keep challenging yourself. It's all up to you how far you go and how much skill you will attain. Never say that you can't do it, because I know you can. Tell dh to be patient, one of these days he's going to be shocked out of his socks!

RheLynn said...

Thanks!
I'm going to try the hat again - resolved to do this! I tried it on _while_ it was falling apart... it would have fit if the bind-off had worked. :o(

I knew it was a lost cause though, at least that version of it.