Thursday, October 27, 2005

Online Project List (sitting at the office)

Daily Observance: Metal knitting needles get COLD at 62°
A small list of the patterns I have bookmarked as interesting. (A lot from knitty, of course ;o)



Just Above Me
I need to learn a bit more, but I can do this!

Knitty Kyoto yukata
French Market Bag (felted)
Pithy Hats
Knitty Tychus Hat
Felted Satchel
MagKnits Jaywalkers
1913 Sock in German!*
Knit T-Top in Wool-Ease
A Lacey Triangle Shawl


Beyond Me (so far)
I have a ways to go before I can do this...but I like these.

A Sweater for J - he requested one!
Knitty Bob
Mariah
Cardigan
Long Coat
Wrap Around Coat

//Still working on the hat.
And... btw, I could just kick myself. I didn't bid on a Jacob fleece (separated too!) on Ebay because I don't have a spinning wheel yet. J said.. 'You should have bid on it anyway!)... :o( Nobody else did and it ended with 0 bids! *kick*

Sitting at the office, painting boards and looking on Ebay for wool yarn to make a kitty pi... Drinking reheated coffee that has been boiled to a soup because I forgot to bring more coffee filters to the office. Kittens played again with the little ones today. Willow is actually being a quite decent big sister. Sally is curled up on J's coat, waiting to go home. She rode balled-up in my lap (on my wool coat) all the way to work this morning. I wish we had a digital camera...

We have the cayenne peppers hanging here in the office. Willow is fascinated by them. She is going to BE SURPRISED if she actually gets ahold of one!

* I took German in high school & college - a translation exercise and a knitting pattern... *wonders if she should try*

2 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Oooohhh, I like Mariah. The french market bag was not too hard. You are going to have a very warm head if you knit all those hats!!

As for the fine yarn... I had a simmilar experience with some yarn form Webs. And I bought two cones of it. I have enough of it to last FOREVER! Just try holding two, three, or even four strands together and see how it looks.

RheLynn said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has been in this yarn situation. I stitched up a little of it on size 8 bamboo needles. I was able to get by the slubs in the yarn through careful tension control... so far!