Friday, June 19, 2020


Took Esme out to the lake today with a friend from work and her two children.  The beach was not crowded.  We tossed a soccer ball around in the water.  It was a great time, and Esme smiled and laughed more than she has in a while.  Mark and I did some work in the garden tonight.  I found a snail, and he took a picture of it.  I planted Big Kahuna beans and marigolds and a few Painted Pony beans.  Esme and I planted sunflower seeds a few days ago.  The garden is beginning to produce peppers, summer squash and zucchinis, and the tomatoes are hanging green and round.  I picked a bunch of mustard greens flowers (yellow things on top, kind of like broccoli rabe) and some accidentally picked kale and mustard (where the snail came from) and chopped it all up to go with rice and curry sauce for dinner.  Mark and Esme had something else, and I had a little of that, but definitely wanted to eat my greens :)

Tomorrow is the Summer Solstice.  My clock is set.



No comments: