Been a bit... Esme went off to summer camp for a week, and returned sunburnt and with better swimming knowledge. I've been playing with some glittery yarns - three to be exact. I finished a round pillow for the 'lolfa'... and am working some glittery blue yarn into our 'Creeper' blanket.. and then I have two balls of 'shawl in a ball' glittery mocha colored yarn that I haven't decided what to do with, yet.
The 'Creeper' blanket (in progress)
Out in the garden the tiger lilies are just starting to bloom.
We have a few pumpkins on the vine, too.
I made a milestone - opened up the Welsh book I had ordered last year and turned to the first page, and this time (not last time) I could read all but three words without having to look anything up. I was pretty amazed. I've made some progress. I've also subscribed to four Welsh podcasts on my phone to listen to as they become new episodes available. I can understand quite a bit of what I'm hearing.. not all, but I'm picking up new words out of them as important ones that I look up later.. 'anffordus', 'wreddiol' etc. I've also almost got to the end of SSIW level one and am now hearing some of those new words in the things I am listening to, as well.