Thursday, July 04, 2019

Fourth of July


I love those eyes :)  That is my big floppy summer hat. 

 A little knitting project I started last night.. 


Kif dog, after we got back from the beach


These are the clearance lilies I got last year that just said 'red and yellow tulip style'.. they didn't bloom last year but wow, they're knockout now :)

 At the 1000 acre lake beach with Esme this morning.  It rained on us a little but not much - we had fun.  I swam with her and she showed me how much she learned at summer camp.

 She wanted me to take a picture of the far shore because she said it was pretty


'Pysgoden bach ar y traeth'.. A little stone fish on the beach.  I saw that they did this at the Say Something in Welsh (SSIW) boot camp and tried to make one of our own.


Happy girl!
We have watermelon and I'm going to try to make onion rings.
I got my tooth under control (hope it stays that way)... we'll see if the weather is going to cooperate to go find a fireworks show tonight.



What I did for my tooth:
I called into work -which I hardly ever do.  But I was in pretty bad pain and I was sure it was becoming a fever.  Nothing is open around here until at least the day after the fourth... small town yay.

So....
I mixed up baking soda with a little peroxide, and put it on the tooth I suspected was the problem with a toothbrush.  It was hard to tell - it kept moving from my ear to my jaw to the upper tooth to a lower tooth to all the middle of my teeth where there isn't even a problem.. basically a pressure thing.. and that was why I was in so much pain.  I also was running a fever of a sort.. but eventually, that was a good thing.  After putting the 'toothpaste' mixture on the area I waited for a bit.  It HURT.  It really hurt.  It was 'knocking out a rhythm on the side of the sink with the toothbrush waiting for it to be over' hurt.  Then I rinsed it out... and rinsed it out.... and rinsed it out. 

Then I put some of the really good local honey we have in a clean dish with a spoon and dripped it onto the teeth bit by bit until it was gone.  I sat there letting that soak in and it felt a bit better.  It still hurt, but not as badly.  After the honey had all run away slowly I went and brewed a strong cup of green tea.  I sat there and drank that slowly... letting it run over that area.. until the cup was gone.  I put a little peroxide on a cotton ball and dropped a few drops in that ear canal... let it fizz and then let it drain out.  I soaked a teatowel in some almost hot water and laid it over the area underneath that ear on my neck until it cooled down. 

Then I took more ibuprofen and went and crawled in bed with a sweatshirt on.  I was sweating 'nicely'... enough to feel it.  I slept for about four hours.. got up, did it all again.  It hurt again... a lot... but felt better even quicker than last time.  Slept another four hours.  Got up and felt almost alive.  Made some chicken broth garlic(powdered) ginger(also powdered) cashew (ground up) cayenne pepper soup with some brown rice in it and drank it all. 

This morning I've only taken ibuprofen once and stuck to drinking coffee or green tea.    -- This doesn't mean I won't have to have a dentist or doctor look at it next week... but I'm not feeling pain so bad.   I was reminded of being in labor... it was almost as bad as one of my worst contractions back then.

No comments: