Monday, February 19, 2018

bits

I read Wolf Hollow, a Newberry award winner.  It was a good read, sad a bit, but a good read.  I'm on 'The Hundred Year Old Man who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared' now.  It is a blast.  I am so glad I found it in the library reccs. 

After the hike today Esme and I painted a little - we each made a little thing, hers an 'environment' with a fish, and mine a boat.  Mark made spaghetti sauce and it was very good.  We all watched 'A Dog's Purpose' and cried.  It was a wonderful film even though it was so sad in many places.  We're truly dog lovers... (with seven, how can you not be?)

Did a little cleaning and put up a painting in the bathroom ('Wash your Hare') and reframed a card by NoosedKitty I had bought years ago of two little rabbits hiding in a teacup.  Both of those turned out good and I felt a little accomplished.  Started repairs on our bed quilt.  It needs so much.  I should probably find something I like at the upholstery shop (Robertsons) and just recover all of it... or finally use my nautical equations fabric to do so.  I had been saving that for a long time but it might be that time.

I have tomorrow off, too and we wanted to go to the library but not until after Esme is home from school.  Will see how that goes.  She is very interested in plants, earth science, environments, ecosystems and etc...  she wants to look through the non-fiction section and find books to read... she says!  She will probably just play the computer for 3/4 of the hour and scramble to find books again like usual?  We'll see.  I did the red hair dye again tonight and I think it evened out the purple/red from last time.  We'll see what it looks like in the actual light tomorrow.

No comments: