Monday, February 26, 2018

Garden Project


The days are finally warming up, and we've started a garden project on Facebook called Shepard Lane Garden (because it was easier to spell than our full address...

I bought some little blue irises today and added them to the bulb garden.  The pink hyacinth are coming up, and the lemon balm is fragrant.  I love the way the green shines in the sunlight.

  blue irises

 pink hyacinth

 lemon balm

I also found the two varieties of morning glory I was looking for more seed of.
One is 'Flying Saucers' and the other is 'Blue Star'.

There are 'Alaska' peas germinating in a pot inside.  Once they poke their heads out and get a few sets of good leaves (and the last frost passes next week we hope) I can dig up a section of earth and put up a trellis and still have enough time to get a good harvest.


and top it off with one shameless garden cat begging for attention!

No comments: