Friday, November 10, 2017

Menu not on a diet

I thought I'd do one of these while I was 'off' the near-ketogenic diet.. to show what I would eat normally.  I'm really not even measuring anythi9ng lately, or tracking it... I'm eating what I feel like I need, instead of planning it all out ahead of time.

Breakfast (5:30 am to 10 am)
an oatmeal cream cookie (very bad for me)
a pot of coffee with lots of milk
a handful of crackers
a small amount of pepitas
a few nuts

This is lunch and dinner - I graze out of it during my closing shift at work.
(noon to nine pm)
1/2 cup or so sweet potato (boiled, with salt and olive oil)
about  a 1/3 cup? of canned spinach
1 chicken patty
2 tbsp of tikka masala sauce
a big pat of real butter
a good sized handful of Salsa Verde chips
a small apple
A quart of coffee and some black tea
maybe a small candy bar

When I get home after nine-thirty probably a tortilla with peanut butter or cheese and some more milk and coffee before bed.

Yesterday I had the same thing -almost- with green olives instead of sweet potato and some rice krispie bar.

I was talked into pulling a dishwasher down at work yesterday from a very high place - and when I got there the machine didn't go up as far as needed... not knowing just how heavy this thing was (I've lifted some before, and they weren't anywhere close to this weight) I ended up setting it down very hard on the machine because I couldn't hold onto it.  My lower back didn't like that at all - but it would have been worse if I'd tried harder to hold onto it.

I did some specific yoga when I got home, and this morning... it feels better than it did.
They said next time I see that call someone else... but that is a hard thing to do when you're the one that was sent back there because everyone else was too busy and needed help...  To get there all the way to the item and say .. I'm not sure - maybe I need to wind this machine all the way back to the floor and find someone else who wants to try to do this hard thing?

Hoping for less stress at work tonight.. then a turnaround shift though, where I close tonight and come back twelve hours later for another shift... it could be worse, they could want me back eight hours later for another shift.. which those they are not allowed to do to us anymore unless we specifically agree.

Then I get Sunday off.  Esme wants to go to the duck park then.. if it isn't raining.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.