Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Living up to her name

As some might remember, Esme shares a first name with Granny Weatherwax in Terry Pratchett books... I didn't know that when I first chose the name and spelling 'Esmerelda' - but Mark directed me to the books after that and it didn't change my mind about the name. Today she was living up to that name by attempting to ride the broom in the kitchen and taking her stuffed kitty for a 'whee' on it with her as well. The kitty rode on the broom much better ;) Silly little girl!

Feeling somewhat better but still not great. Mark went to the flea market yesterday and picked up more fresh milk and butter from the dairyman. He also did a complete overhaul and cleaning of our fridge the other day - and fixed the clogged freezer drain that was dumping water on the floor. That was a lot of work!

He has also been busy getting the boat ready to go out into the lake. Grandma and Grandpa came down yesterday and took a ride with him. I walked Esme down to the lake to see them and Grandma and Grandpa gave her a ride back up. My sewing machine is acting up again... broke another needle. I've worked a little more on the front of the shirt for Esme - but messed up on one of my alterations on the back.

Note: When changing neckline shape on the back of a garment be sure the shoulder widths are still the same as the front piece.

2 comments:

Maya Kuzman said...

I could only imagine what she might be up to in the future if she really lives up to her name :)

Michelle said...

I have always loved her name!