Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snowstorm 2010 - take two

Mother Nature sure likes to play tricks on us. It snowed last week, and then melted after a few days. Now it is back to Winter wonderland out there... except not so wonderful. It has made it hard to even think about going anywhere!

Mark said part of the reason is that different tires are commonly used here in the South than was in Minnesota. In Minnesota it was 'standard' to run what he would call mud tires. I had those on my Dakota (not the one pictured) when I came down here six years ago. It was the only kind of tires I had ever used, and I know I didn't ask for anything special when I bought them in Minnesota. The ones on this Dakota are 'long wear' tires, meant for highway use. They have a shallower tread and really aren't good for much of anything in this weather. Go figure.




No comments: