Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Almost Done Giraffing


Here is the finished giraffe. I need to write the pattern instructions now. If I had to rate him on a scale of 1 to 10 for difficulty I'd say a 4.5. However, I'd rate the toy horse pattern at a 2.0 on that same scale.

I had to put the ears in an extra seam sideways down the head (see illustration below).


I hate putting ears in sideways. It's probably a pet peeve, but I think it's bad design *most* of the time. In some cases, like this one where it was such a small head and a tight seam, it becomes necessary. Giraffe ears kind of stick out like that anyway.

5 comments:

Ladeewolf said...

I don't know which one is cuter, they are both sweet. I don't have a solution for fabric storage, I have mine stored in two large plastic storage boxes, I would like to have it more accessable, I have to dig it out everytime I need some. It definetly slows down my sewing.

RheLynn said...

Agreed. Even that vertical bin I have in the picture has that problem. I wish there was a way to not have to dig for pieces at all -- like a dry cleaner where they just come whizzing up to you in a nice bag ;)

Jeanne said...

The giraffe turned out really cute. I may have to go with those instead of zebras next time I'm gifting a bunch of babies.

Rhiannon said...

The giraffe is absolutely adorable. You have been busy cranking out the crafts lately. (I'm jealous and haven't really done much of anything).

It is so nice to be able to be make such sweet animals. Keep up the great work! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh man, that's cute! Fabric storage. I'm the wrong person to ask, as I tend to stuff things into plastic bags and scatter them around the house.