Thursday, December 29, 2005

Odd Hobbies

Part of my colour picking hobby

Okay, maybe I am easily amused. Here are some of the odd hobbies I've picked up in the past year or so. Not to say these are ALL of my hobbies.. I seem to be aiming at being a jack-of-all-trades... (origami, weaving, inkwork, printmaking, gardening, cooking, woodcarving etc etc) I do ask myself though... when am I going to master any of these??

1. collecting images of Japanese sewing and crafts (actually, links to them)
-- Crafting Japanese (the website) is cool!
2. drawing little images for dishtowels and embroidery
3. picking colours for making web pages (out of other images)
--and sometimes profiling all the colours in an image before getting a good combo
4. blogging (heh)
-- reading lots of other people's blogs
5. collecting old vintage sewing patterns (40s,50s,60s)
6. watching Akira Kurosawa films
7. sending books by mail to my niece, mostly science books
8. attempting home tailoring (partial success)
9. learning more knitting -- socks, hats, household items
10. CSS and Python coding - both of these are new in the last year.

More likely, I am NOT easily amused... but instead need a lot of varied tasks to shuffle at all times to remain amused. Hmm?

No comments: