Friday, December 09, 2005

Computer editor makes a joke

I edit articles for an online magazine as part of my job (my actual job description varies upon the needs of the day, but this is constant).

Fun note today :

Task : There is an article that needs a comma placed after 'mad' in the sentence '..academic elites have gone utterly mad at a time when...'

Process : Ask the editor program to search for the word 'utterly' since it is unusual. However, I happen to have my cursor about three paragraphs beneath the area I actually needed to be.

Response from computer : 'Search failed -- 'utterly'.

:o) I thought it was funny ;o)

KNITTING NEWS

YARN ARRIVAL :Knitpicks came! Wool yarn! (bliss)
CURRENTLY KNITTING :2 wool placemats to felt (home)
PLANNING TO KNIT :more cotton dishcloths (office gifts)
Link : Rabbit Tea Towels! I like! I have some of my own rabbit designs I've drawn.
Deja Vu : I could SWEAR I'd seen the 'Monday' rabbit when I was little!
Recipe : Actually, I recall MY mother's acorn squash fondly... making one tonight for me!
Note : I want a project scheduler on my desktop to keep track of some of the gifts I am making

No comments: