Friday, September 13, 2019

bits

Worked towards the business a lot today.  Esme and I are going to a booksale tomorrow.  Reading Hemingway and another I found at the library 'little fires everywhere.'  Listening to French podcast and thinking more how to make my office here.  We watched Aquaman.. and our brains still won't come back anywhere near us because it was just too much to ask of them.  *ha*

weird note rant : I remarked a while back that my Pinterest now shows me pins in multiple languages, french and welsh and russian, norwegian, japanese and spanish... odd that spanish you would think would be prevalent, but  no it shows me much more french and welsh things now because it knows I've looked at those more.  So, there is algorithm going on. 

I've noticed my Facebook feed has recently begun doing this, too - where it hadn't before.  I looked at several job offers in French, and I must have stared too long at a few in Spanish.. now it is showing me French, Spanish and Norwegian with a little German thrown in.  It shows me Welsh already, because I belong to several Welsh-speaking groups.. so that one wasn't a surprise. 

Somewhere I've ticked off the 'this person might be bilingual' cues on someone's program.  I'm also getting job offer advertisements for bilingual people, Spanish and French (the Spanish ones are in English, but the French ones are in French, which I find even weirder).

No comments: