Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Crafty Bits

 
Been working on this off and on for a few days.. it is supposed to have a herringbone or chevron pattern up every other slice.. but I think I might just do it on the second slice in on both sides now that I've gotten this far.  I love the white denim fabric.. very satisfying, heavy and solid but not so bad the sewing machine went gronk or the hand sewing needle was too tough to get through it.  The black is hand-crocheted yarn that was then stitched into place with black thread.  I saw the idea on Dan Do, the Welsh decorating show.

 Esme's bamboo (drachsena, really) plant needs to have a splitting... I've got her permission now I just have to get some distilled water and some courage.

And my pretty little sewing bowl with all the pins and needles in it from working on the pillow.

No comments: