Saturday, April 28, 2018

universal bits

bits
I used to have this thing on my blog I could see the visitors and where they were from and when they  visited.  It's gone... but maybe you're still out there, I just don't see you anymore.  I write to look back on years later.. to wonder who I was and what was happening and what would be.  But if you're out there, thanks.. I'm glad you're listening and maybe enjoying things. I don't even think the comments script works anymore..so there's that, too.

I get deep-think sometimes.  I want to explore the depths of math and chemistry.. I want to learn more about plants.  I want to time travel because there are never enough hours in the day.  I like having lots of stuff to rattle around in my head, because then I have a choice of what I listen to rattling amongst everything that is in there. 

I fight against the minimalist.. who wants to scrap everything down to a bare white room - and the hoarder who has everything she might possibly need but she can't find it.  I'm the guru in the middle, trying to find the balance.  It's this way for information, for things, for feelings.  I'm never in just one place even when I'm standing still. 

I read Esme's book 'Lone Wolf', and it was good.  I ordered the second one 'Shadow Wolf', and I'll probably read that one, too.  I'm reading the 'Essex Serpent'.. and I don't know yet if I like it or not.  I downloaded two kids books by Rick Riordan about Apollo being condemned by Zeus to live as a teenager on Earth.  That looks like it will be good -- will get to it after I decide to finish or stash the Essex Serpent.  It's been on my wait list for a while... the writing is good, but I'm just not sure if it is going where I want to go right now.

I found my Math Girls book... I might have to crack that again.  I liked it, but tanked it for doing other things.

We're taking the girls out today - Esme is getting ready to meet her friend.  There is a carnival downtown.  And then we have plants to put in the ground.  I do love the garden.  I wish it was warmer and things would grow this year.  I wish I had more time to watch things grow, to draw them, and study them... but it is really about what do I do with those hours in between right now... and sometimes I don't really know what to do with them because everything feels like it would take too long to get started only to have to stop.

No comments: