Saturday, January 06, 2018

flu?

Mark has been down for the past week - but we haven't thought of that as flu, more like a cold.  Esme threw up tonight after not being hungry nearly all day.. which is unlike her.  I gave her some of the honey tea I make in a small amount and we have bundled her up next to our bed on the bean bag chair.  Honey, green tea, orange juice and ginger powder and a tiny bit of spiced rum (less than a teaspoon to a cup and a half).  And I gave her a few tablespoons of that and a cup of water to sip on and will give her some more of the tea later...

//
She slept about six hours during the night.. more now, she's not burning up and she has been drinking.  She threw up until about 3 am... asked for some applesauce .  I've got to go check her in a few more minutes, having her sleeping beside our bed we were able to check on her all night, which was good.

I made myself a hot curry last night because the smell of what she had thrown up was demanding something spicy to counteract it... 

No comments: