Saturday, October 08, 2016

bits

My father and stepmother seem to have rode out the Hurricane alright, which I am glad to hear.  It has been a busy week with lots to do, and now I have a weekend off.  Esme has the entirety of next week off of school... and she has pretty much decided to play games all week.  She is sniffling with the beginning of another cold, so I broke out the chicken soup again this morning.  Her friend's father wants to take them to a big museum several hours away next week... we'll see how that works out.  I have to work that day but Mark said he might go with, as it is a long trip.

I ordered Esme's footwear for her birthday that she had asked for - they should arrive in time to be wrapped up.  And I am getting another set of prints through one of my receipt rewards programs for the family photo album.  I had told Mark today that because of the 'freebie' prints from these programs the photos have not cost as much as the album did yet - and it is almost full.  I was really wanting to do that project but not have it cost a lot of money.  So, that has turned out really nice.

We have Outlander again on DVD came through Netflix.  I have several books from the library, 'Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, by Jamie Ford and 'Bay of Sighs', second in the Guardians Trilogy by Nora Roberts (empty romance...but I found the first one a fun and quick read).  I also mentioned to Grandma I would take time one of these two days to try to set up her printer.

I have a piece of fresh ginger we were thinking about trying to make preserved gari out of ... wonder if I will get myself going on that today or tomorrow.

No comments: