Sunday, December 16, 2012

notes

I've been home sick, trying to get over a sinus that has taken my (physical) voice.  Esme has been quite good about it - although Mom can't talk or explain as much as she wants me to.. it sounds like a goose honking when I try to do more than a whisper.  She is coughing some randomly and then seems perfectly okay for hours at a time.  She has tucked toys into my bed and keeps asking if I am all better yet.  I've mostly been trying to stay warm, sitting in the bed knitting and watching movies, sleeping when she allows me to and/or I just can't stay awake.  Mark has been very supportive - giggling at the voice, but that is natural - and he cooked a ginger porkchop for dinner that was excellent.  We looked all over for a movie but realized we didn't have a copy of it...watched something similar.  I've nearly worn a hole in my right index finger - knitting on the larger blanket while wrapped up in the smaller one.  I woke up a few minutes ago and my entire right arm was not responding properly, had wrapped it in a blanket and cut off circulation but it did not feel asleep - just not moving when asked.  That was a little scary, it lasted for about a minute moving only the hand muscles and not the finger ones.  I've been knitting all week, I'm sure that has not helped.  I worked sick a few days earlier in the week because I knew until my voice went I had better be there... was so tired Friday that when an order was not going to be able to be made (wrong electrical specs for what customer wanted) I wanted to crawl into a corner and sleep until my brain could figure out how to settle the matter..... the customer was understanding, they knew the electrical spec they needed was odd for the size - so it could have been worse.  We did lose the order, though.  I was too tired to try to look for some other company that could fulfill it.  In the better light - if I had not been there, it would have been Monday (and delivery date due) before anyone knew the electrical spec was wrong... so there was reason for me to be there just to point that out and refund the customer before they became angry.  *trying to see the bright side* 

No comments: