Friday, December 07, 2012

language bits

I was asked how she was named today - I can't remember the exact words, but she said she was a baby, and we held her, and how was name Esme?  I told her I suggested 'Esmerelda' to her daddy, and we would call her Esme, and Daddy gave her the middle name, and then we would know what to call so she would look and know we were talking to her - her name.  She thought hard, then told me that she became not a baby, but a little girl, and she did not talk - just (baby squeal) and point... but then she grew some more and was a kid, and now she can talk and use words and have a play brain, not a busy brain - and she has ideas - and she wants to play, and she can talk.  *wow*...  Later she told me she is tiny in the earth, we are all tiny in the earth - and it is BIG, so big... she wants to live in outer space, in a rocket ship.  I told her there was no air out there, but people were working on making air in rocket ships, and when she was big they might have it all worked out and she could live out there.  She said Santa brothers were in their workshop, and they were making a rocket ship.  I said it would be a toy, and it would be a cool fun toy, but it would not go all the way to outer space.  She said she still thought that was cool, and she wanted to play with it.  She likes rocket ships.

No comments: