Friday, March 08, 2024

striped square and mouse

 

A magic square I saw in a Japanese handbag pattern and understood something from the symbols much better than I have from English-language instructions before.. first one to try, I've cut this one off and will try to make another one to match (the bag takes three)

 Other things in the works : that alpaca scarf still needs one more long length of white yarn knitted on...  the orange weaving is coming towards the end and after I cut it off and put the ends in I'll have to figure out what I want to do with it.  I've started a third market bag, just because it is very easy to do those while watching movies, even in the dark, as long as the yarn isn't dark colored.

I made a mouse, or an opossum / flying squirrel thing.  I don't know - I wasn't even trying to follow a pattern, just looking at a picture.  It was supposed to be a cat, but it had it's own plans.  A friend said it looks like a mouse that smashed it's face into a birthday cake, and that made me smile.  Also, he could have had stuffing in him, he has a pocket but he's flat, and feels actually very nice to sit and hold and stretch him out like a flying squirrel in your hands.




languages : Swedish, Espanol, French, Czech, Russian, Italian
I dropped Catalan for a few days, but will probably pick it back up soon.






No comments: