Thursday, November 21, 2019

bits

sent in a few other submissions, will see if they go anywhere.  I'm really glad for the headphones from the short story contest, as my regular ones decided to break last night!  Not twelve hours after I heard I was going to get the other ones... like they heard about it *ha heard*.... They actually still work but they are hanging on one side by a delicate wire unless I snap them together very carefully.. and then they come right back apart when I take them off again.

Did a little bit of a story that I remember working on years ago, with a different twist.. about Wikron character, space opera etc.  And I am still thinking how to take the velociraptor and magician and dragon stories further but I think they are going to be in another book.  Mark had mentioned that all the 'magic in the world' stories could be in their own book...maybe, school for change and the one about words being magic could go in there, too.

I have a meeting for my bath design tonight.. been cleaning up my workspace all day and thinking about what to do with all the sewing fabric that I have.  Trying to think if I'll ever use it.

saw this article about what you would do if you had ten years stipend to educate yourself any way you wanted.

well, yes, I would take about a year on accounting, to see if I did well on it.  If I did, then I'd finish it out.  but I'd also take a few years more in philosophy, because I am so much more ready to receive those lessons at forty no matter how good they might have been for me at twenty...and if I didn't have to worry about making money to support us I would finish out with some math and chemistry to my heart's content.  The author said he would take two years in a foreign culture and immersed in the language.. well yes, if that was possible and not just courses at your local college, I would go to Wales and study as well.  I would do photography there and stand on the edges of tall hills and mountains and rivers and feel the world like I do here and see how it is different, and how I am different, as the years go by.

No comments: