Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Lima beans

Mark yesterday: "I offer you ice cream, and you choose lima beans.  *throws up hands*"
Me: "You already know I'm a very different creature."
Mark : "In some things it is more apparent than others."....

I needed some lima beans for dinner ;) and I'm the only one who eats them.  Apparently there is a vitamin there.. as I always keep a can around for that time I need some.

I'm progressing some more in the French lessons - dug out all my French-language books and put them in one place.  I don't think I've ever gotten as far as to understand what 'leur' and 'eux' really means, or the difference between ce and cet enough to remember them in grammar terms and not just translate as I went along.  So, I'm getting somewhere new.  Some of my 'automatic verbage' that comes out when I'm upset at work has more conscious grammar to it than it used to.. a lot of those words were French and/or Latin with really bad grammar.  I'm pretty sure I muttered something like 'You go way too far, you're not even clear to me anymore...' the other day to a crazy customer who was ranting and raving about a faucet repair.. on my way to the printer of course, where she couldn't hear me even if she understood.

No comments: