Sunday, May 04, 2014

Flower book


Esme and I walked down to the lake this morning about seven, and picked wild flowers.  We then brought them back and we both took turns drawing what we had found, and making a book.  Now she is eating grilled cheese and watching a cartoon. 

I'm going to try to go through my seeds and see what else we can plant in the garden that is getting to the end of its viability. I bought an evening primrose to plant, as well - and of course, Esme is going to try her best to wear me out with all sorts of games she has planned.  Mark says we need to till another garden, and clean out the chicken coop.

// I gave Esme her illustrated encyclopedia set today, with her other science and reading books.   We had bought it a few years ago at a library sale, a full set with four color lithograph illustrations.  I had hoped she would take care of it, tried to interest her in it a few times, but she has been on a library kick playing 'librarian' the past few days.

// It's kind of a big day for geek parents...  I've ordered her a few books of a science series and am hoping she will like those and build her collection.  She took a book on light and color to her bed last night and was looking at the pictures (it was a bit above her head).. but she showed me the telescope picture in the morning and put the book back nicely.

No comments: