Wednesday, June 26, 2013

bits

Reading 'Ready Player One' by Ernest Cline... pretty good.. about halfway through.  Ordered another copy of Last Legends of Earth.. .can't find my copy and can't even remember if I had ordered one last year after losing that one in the flood in Duluth.  I feel a need to get back in touch with that part of me that really likes that book, and all of the loops and multiple meanings hidden inside it.  My mom sent me a terribly off-base letter and a birthday gift but as usual it is as if she has no memory of who I am... her dementia is too much for me sometimes.. and I know I shouldn't take it to heart or let it bother me.. yet it does sometimes when it is just at the wrong place and the wrong time.... big storm over Kentucky to the North - lightning, thunder.. Esme is crying because she can't catch a lightning bug.  Mark caught one for her and put it in a little jar by her bed - she named it 'Shelf' with the knowledge that it may not live long.  I have late work tomorrow.

//Note//
Esme has this 'orange peel' looking redness to her cheeks and Mark doesn't think it is anything serious but it is worrying me... it has been there two days now and it doesn't look like 'classic' poison ivy but it may be more than sunburn. She seems to be fine with it until I ask her about it then she tells me it itches and that everything itches all over her body (it is only on the face) then gets mad when I tell her to leave it alone... and she doesn't touch it at all otherwise. Mark says leave the subject alone with her and just watch it ... *hate unidentified things like this*

No comments: