Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Solstice

On my birthday, I like to get up earlier than usual, partake of some quiet, usually on the porch with the sunrise, or around 7:30 am, time allowing. I drink coffee or green tea and think about everything that has happened in the past year. Today, Mr.J was there with me, which was unusual as he usually sleeps through it.

Kitty cat cuteness from the office here.
I put a blanket from home over the netting to keep it sound.

Look how spoiled we are while she works!
They even climb all over in the rafters and get sawdust all over them,
then they sleep the rest of the day away.

Willow: blanket... wool blanket... *rub*

9 comments:

Chris said...

Your birthday is on the solstice?? How cool! Happy Birthday!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy solstice and happy birthday! Very cool! I always knew you were that cool!

Obsidian Kitten said...

Happy birthday, happy birthday!!!

Many blessings to you as you begin another year, and sweet solstice as well.

Still no Newt? =(

btw, i have something I want to send you, can you e me at sohopixie@tds.net?

RheLynn said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! My boss said: 'Experiencing entropy, are we?' heh :P

No Newt yet :o( She was the oldest cat here, a very regal queenly type -- it isn't like her not to be supervising her brood and keeping everyone in check. :o( I'm holding out some hope though on her yet, some.

Carrie K said...

Happy Birthday, RheLynn! A Solstice baby. Awesome.

Such pretty spoiled comfy kitties.

Carrie K said...

Me too. Holding out hope for Newt.

Rhiannon said...

Happy Birthday. I agree, it is really neat to have your birthday on the solstace!! A nice good long day for you to enjoy many delicious hours of sunlight!!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! What spoiled cute kitties you have. They look so happy on that wool blanket.