Thursday, May 09, 2019

other bits

read 'I Found You' by Lisa Jewell.. liked it much better than 'The Girls in the Garden' by same, which I read last month  I had to take a whole day off 'The Girls' because it was just disturbing me.  Actual 'worse' things happen in I Found You but it is very upfront peeling backwards of time - 'like an onion' the author says herself and has a clearly defined protagonist and antagonist - although the protagonist makes you wonder if under certain circumstances... but we know he is good at heart.   'The Girls' was sort of 'round-the-back-corner, maybe yes maybe no, you'll never really know who was the bad guy or if it was just an 'accident', will you now?' which annoyed me in the end.  Now I've got a silly free 'Highlander' type novel and another library book called 'The Bookshop of Yesterdays', which I'm looking forward to.

I've ordered a used copy of a herbology book that Esme had rented out of the library and kept overlong -- it should be here in a few weeks.  It has very pretty and detailed drawings of the plants.  I found a very cool diagram book of Automotive Engines and another on constructing Water Gardens when I was at the library returning the other.

Have begun working on crocheting a blanket in Minecraft 'creeper' colors.. didn't plan it that way, but the colors are the same *heh*.... Very nice yarn, though - LionBrand Homespun USA, bought on special, and mixing it with some Caron Simply Soft for a ridged effect and to stretch it out.  They're both soft.. and the Homespun USA is a beautiful marl but a bit heavy... so the SimplySoft balances it out.  I've finished six bags and working on a seventh.  I think I need to buy a new plastic bin tomorrow to put them in until it is flea market sale time.

We are going to visit the ships tomorrow if the weather cooperates!  Pics then.

No comments: