Thursday, May 01, 2008

Little Quilts


I'm making bassinet sized quilts for my Etsy shop, just like the ones I made when Esme was born. They measure 17 or 18 inches across just like our Arms Reach Cosleeper bassinet. (The ads for it say it measures about 21 inches across but the interior dimension is a bit smaller)

The Cosleeper has been one of the best things we bought when preparing for a baby. It still fits Esme at nearly 6 months and over 15 lbs. But it is very hard to find anything sized for it, except the bassinet sheets and a few sets from the manufacturer.

I really wanted rabbit quilts for Esme, so I made her several sized for the bassinet. These ones in the shop aren't bunny quilts (yet) but they are sweet, very washable and durable. I think I must have washed the other ones a hundred times each and they are still looking great.

Esme also likes to use her quilts as toys now that she is a bit bigger. I put one in the car seat to cover her feet and she ends up waving it in the air and patting at the stripes and bold colors.



I'll be adding more periodically at the KnitOwl toy shop.

1 comment:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Gorgeous quilts! I love the blue and chocolate one!