Wednesday, July 25, 2018

tie dye and work flow


We did tie dye the other night.. they turned out nice but still with quite a bit of white in them.. we might go at it and tie-dye them again.  Mark bought a bigger kit and some more shirts.  I think I tied them up too tightly the first time.



I tie-dyed a feew of our old shirts too.. they turned out pretty cool but again, might throw them back in for the second run.

We also went to that birthday party - I think it was good, Esme had fun.  I tried not to let my inner introvert keep me entirely in the corner not saying anything.  As always, I go over everything in my head and hope telling that story about Esme almost drowning wasn't too much, because it is an emotional story and the reason I keep checking the window every thirty minutes to see that she is okay in the pool... even though that was eight years ago... it sticks with you.  I think I did good not to actually be by the pool so I didn't watch her like a hawk, just peek through the curtains every once in a while.  Mom stuff.  She'll understand when she's older.

She's reading a lot of Warrior books.  I'm glad she likes them.  I've ordered a few others in the mail for her, one of those and several others I think she will like.  She has read a few Erin Entrada Kelly books and they are about kids her age and problems they face with their peers in school - good books, I've read them too.  I have one of those she hasn't read in there, too.

Work is doing its doctrine change again - but I'm taking this one a bit better because it matches some of my own feelings about what we are there for this time.. once in a while it rolls around from 'really?
 to 'well, that IS what we do'.. the great cycle etc.  After reading all the new emails I can't get 'Hey Jude' out of my head when I'm cleaning displays I'm thinking 'make it better'.. I guess that is the best outcome.. I can make it a little better every day without losing the flow we have with the customers... improve just something somewhere every day instead of going all bonsai and overdoing it all at once. 

No comments: