Tuesday, July 20, 2010

crayons and other things in a July week...


Caught this little smile today as I was being invited to draw on the easel again. She really loves those crayons... mostly for tossing everywhere! But we do draw some, too - and she identifies the colors with me. Mostly I write or draw stuff and she draws circles or 'o's or 'c's and 'g's. Sometimes she draws snails. Daddy draws good snails and she has figured out how to copy them :)

This is one of the new sundresses I made the other night. I have another one half done to send in the mail. I need to kick myself. This is my 'weekend' and I have spent more time than I should playing Sims with Esme bouncing around at my knee with toys, puzzles, cards and crayons. I can pay more attention to her here at the desk doing whatever on the computer - in between things et al... but only a half-attention or less when I'm at the sewing machine... so I don't get as much done as I used to over there!

She is napping right NOW after a visit to Grandpa and Grandma's and a full plate of fish and carrots while watching Muppet Show. I should get over there to my worktable so I feel like I've accomplished something.


There is also something about the expression in this picture from the other day - so I am including it, even though the background is cluttered and it is out of focus etc etc... I just love that little pinched grin. She had just put the 'lady' dolly out of her little people into the baby bed and started the music.

Some funny things this week - lining up letters in vertical and horizontal lines on the fridge and magnet board, telling Mama to slide a credit card at the store right there it is in your purse put it right here in this machine etc... I was using cash, so she was disappointed.

No comments: