Saturday, September 13, 2008

Original Art and In the Toy Workshop again...

We're getting into the slow season at work - so I'll be spending a little more time in the workshop. I have a few patterns to PDF, and a few more I'd like to tweak into other forms. Up North we collected boxes of my old prints and sketchbooks from college. I've been posting those in the art shop a bit at a time.

These ones all have a similar art style and theme - from 2002-2003 while I was in college.


'Disarming Creatures'
ink sketch on paper


'Small Woman' original linocut print


'Medicine' 4 color screenprint


I'm also making up a box of toys to send to a craft art show in Iowa. I'm hoping to make up a few more elephunks (plush elephants) and slugs etc...



Wouldn't it be great to have a pile of blue or pink elephant toys?


Custom plush slugs in 6 colors


Got a whole box of printmaking stuff for rock-bottom clearance price lately as well. That was a great find, as I couldn't find the box with the good studio stuff up North. We also finally got my Mom's photo album back to her, which made her cry some. A few of my own personal photo albums, diplomas and personal treasures were in another box and it is nice to have those again too.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

the slugs and elephunks are way too cute! :]

Rhiannon said...

It sounds like your trip went well. Such cute family pictures, everyone must have been excited to see Esme. She is growing up so fast, is scares and amazes me at the same time... a glimpse at my future.

I think I'm going to have to buy a slug from you soon. It seems like the perfect toy for Lowan. Do you wash yours (machine or hand)??

Anonymous said...

Those elephants are so cute! I love you drawings.

Obsidian Kitten said...

i do love the slugs!

your work is just beautiful.